US Defense Secretary James Mattis said the US will make an announcement this week about its $20bn purchase of Boeing Co’s F-35 fighter jets, a deal that would mark a strategic pivot in the US defence industry.
Mattis made the comments on Monday in Washington, where he met with US defense chiefs and other top US officials to discuss the F-15 Joint Strike Fighter program.
The Pentagon also confirmed on Tuesday that it was finalising a deal with Boeing that would see it purchase up to 12 F-16 fighter jets for its air force.
Mattises said the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, a twin-engine fighter that can be used as a strike fighter, was one of the biggest military acquisition programs in recent memory.
He also said the deal would also help boost the US military’s capacity to counter the threat of North Korea and to deter Russia.
Mattise said the United States was “a global leader in the area of defence procurement”, adding that it would be a “significant investment in our military capabilities”.
The F-22 Raptor, a jet fighter that the Pentagon is also purchasing for $6.5bn, has already been selected for a fifth-generation version.
Mattiss, who has made defence the top priority of his presidency, also said that a US strike force would be ready to go into action in the next five years.
The F/AA-18A/B Super Hornets are currently undergoing a major overhaul.
They are undergoing a significant overhaul and modernization and it is anticipated that this will include the introduction of an F-36B aircraft in 2020.
Airing this week, the fourth season of The Good Place premiered on Thursday night.
A few minutes before its scheduled time slot, however, the show’s director Scott Bakulas was interviewed by USA Today, in which he revealed that he had written the ending to the third season in which a former employee (Kathleen McNamara) returns to her job after a long hiatus.
“The bad ending,” Bakulas told the outlet.
“There’s a reason why I wrote the bad ending.”
It was the first time Bakulas had revealed that ending, though the details of that story were already in the script.
The showrunners had been talking about a possible third season since Season 4 wrapped in November.
Bakulas said he didn’t want to spoil the story, but was happy to let viewers know that he’d written the final scene to the finale, and that the series was on the way.
He added that the episode was shot on a location he called “the Big Apple” because it was the location of a New York nightclub.
“I’m not going to say where,” Bakula said.
“It was all in the pilot, it was all done in New York.”
The finale, titled “The Return,” saw McNamara (McNamara) returning to her old job at a local restaurant to find that she is no longer employed.
Instead, she now works as a nurse and has become a part of the medical care community.
McNamara’s return was met with much fanfare in Season 4, with the showrunners revealing that they would not have let her return if they hadn’t seen the success of the pilot.
“We have to remember, we had a really good pilot,” Bakuls said.
“‘The Return’ is a really special show,” he continued.
“If we were doing it again, we would have done it differently.
The story, and I don’t want people to go, ‘Oh, it’s a big-budget, action-packed, action movie.’
We do it to give the audience a sense of why the characters are back together. “
That’s why we do the [third] season.
I feel so bad for her. “
And I feel like that’s what ‘The Return’] is.
I feel so bad for her.
I mean, I’m going to go to bed right now, but I know I’m not.
She’s going to wake up, and it’s going have to be like ‘Where the hell is she?’
She’s been out for 20 years, and she’s gone.”
It remains to be seen whether the third installment will feature a similar twist.
In addition to McNamara returning to work, the second season of the show also featured a guest star, actor and comedian Bill Hader.
The first season of Season 4 featured several episodes with guest stars like Kate McKinnon, Amy Poehler, Seth Meyers, and Bill Haverford, though it was not a direct adaptation of the popular sitcoms series The Office.
The fourth season will also feature a number of guest actors.
“When you’re doing a series like ‘The Office’ and ‘The Big Bang Theory’ you have to write every episode from scratch,” Bakul said.
The new episode of The Office, titled ‘The Gift,’ will air this Friday, and Bakula says it will be “a big departure from the show” from Season 4.
“This is the first episode where the entire cast is back together, which is pretty incredible, and you have the opportunity to really be able to get into it,” Bakolas said.
He said that he also feels that he has the most fun writing a season finale, because he has a different take on each episode.
“What I love about it is you can really have the most exciting story line and then really go back and watch the next episode and say, ‘This was really fun to write that episode,’ and have that kind of fun with the fans,” he said.
Bakula and co-creator and writer Damon Lindelof also teased that the finale will reveal the mystery behind the return of McNamara, though details were scarce at the time.
The episode will focus on the new hospital staff, who all have different personalities.
Bakul described the staff as “very different.”
“I love the fact that this is a staff that is really diverse and has different personalities,” he explained.
“They all have something in common and that’s a love for each other.
That’s what it’s about.”
A lot of the new staff members will be working together on the hospital, which means that some of the cast members will likely be in the same room at the same time.
“A lot of these staff members have worked together in the past,” Bakulations
Which military agencies are using the controversial National Guard Reserves to carry out military operations?
The National Guard Reserve is a small group of individuals who have been called upon to carry a small portion of the military’s total combat load in a crisis, or in a time of war.
These troops are tasked with being the primary force for the day-to-day operations of the US military.
However, they are also known to be at the mercy of the federal government.
During the Obama Administration, the National Guard was authorized to use the National Guardsmen Reserves (NRUs) to provide a backup force when there was a “high risk of civil disturbance.”
However, the NRUs were never used in this case, and were instead used to support other agencies during times of crisis.
The Obama Administration has not been shy about using the NRU system to provide support for various military units, particularly during times when there were large civilian protests, such as during the 2016 Presidential election.
In response to a number of violent riots and protests during the Presidential election, the US Military requested the National Military Command Center (NMCC) to create a reserve force that could be deployed to assist in emergency response and relief efforts.
After the inauguration of President Donald Trump, President Trump announced that he would use the NRUnas reserve to provide assistance during the crisis that followed the inauguration.
Following the inauguration, President Donald J. Trump signed a memorandum directing the Secretary of the Department of Defense (DOD) to determine the appropriate use of the NRuns reserve, as well as to establish a process to provide those individuals who are currently serving as National Guard personnel with the ability to apply for an NGU.
According to a January 2017 report by the Government Accountability Office, the NDAA “authorizes the DOD to designate up to 1,200 National Guard units, each of which is composed of approximately 15,000 National Guard members.”
The NDAA also provides for a $10 million per year allocation for the NDAG to provide “appropriate support to the National Army Reserve as it continues to operate, develop, and provide to the national government” through the National Reserves Training and Assistance Fund (NRTFAF).
The National Guard reserves are also subject to the “National Guard Authorization Act of 1990,” which provides that, “No National Guard unit may be disbanded, merged, or assigned to a different Army Reserve unit.”
In addition, a 2017 report from the Government Inspector General found that the NDAR does not specify how or when the NRUA is to be used in the event of a crisis.
The report also noted that “the Army Reserve is the only Army unit to be authorized to accept NGU reserves as the sole unit of support to be provided to the Army.”
The NDAR also provides that the NRAs reserve can only be used to provide supplemental support during a “civil disturbance or an emergency situation involving the civilian population.”
However if a crisis occurs, the NGU will remain active.
The NDAR states that if a NGU is deployed to “a place where civilians are present,” the reserve “shall be used for emergency response, emergency relief, and other purposes as provided by law.”
The National Army Reserves website states that, “…
The National Reserve System is a program designed to provide for the provision of a reserve component of the National Force to provide additional support to our armed forces during times and contingencies of national emergency.”
The Military Times article adds that the National Reserve system “is an important tool in providing additional protection and support to protect the citizens of the United States.”
The NRU is an acronym that stands for the National Uniformed Services Reserve.
According to the DOD, “NRUs are selected by the Commandant of the Army, who is responsible for the selection of a group of military personnel who will be assigned to the specific reserve unit and who are authorized to carry the military load.”
In addition to providing the National Command Center with the necessary information to ensure the National military command is aware of their actions and activities, the DOD also requires that the NCC establish a “NGU Reserves Advisory Committee” to provide oversight and advise the President on the appropriate uses of the NUAs reserve units.
In addition they must submit to the President a report on the status of the reserve system, and any plans for changing it.
According to The Associated Press, “The president has until May 15 to approve or disapprove the request for the formation of the special reserve unit.”
During the first four months of the Trump Administration, President John Kelly authorized the formation and deployment of the Special Reserve Unit (SRU) in a manner consistent with the National Security Strategy.
The SRU was initially used to protect military personnel during the inauguration protests.
However, after the inauguration was over, Kelly announced that the SRU would be used during a time in which the US was in a state of emergency.
The Trump Administration also announced that it would authorize the deployment of 1,